Delaware Electric Rates Information
Residential and Commercial businesses located in Delaware now have the Power to Choose who their business electricity provider is.
Now that Delaware is deregulated, it has never been easier to switch providers and start incurring savings on Delaware Electric Rates. Best Price Electricity is here to help you save time, money, and have peace of mind. We procure energy every day, and have the inside track that most consumers would not be able to get directly. We understand that no two companies are alike, and that each deregulated area is different. Our procurement process starts with making sure we get all the details about your business’s electricity cost so that we can build an energy product based on your company’s energy needs, budget constraints, and your energy usage and demand profile.
Getting the most competitive Delaware Electric Rates has never been easier
Discount Electricity in Delaware
What Best Price Electricity can do for you in Delaware:
- We provide our energy procurement service to you at no cost
- We help you craft the best electricity contract terms and conditions which will maximize your savings and give you more flexibility and budget certainty
- We evaluate the available Delaware Retail Electricity Providers, determine which best suits your individual needs, and negotiate the best electricity price and contract terms for your business.
- Save time and money by outsourcing energy procurement task.
- Quickly transition you from higher priced standard offer to lowest cost electricity provider in the Delaware area.
The Best Price Electricity Procurement Strategy:
- Obtain and analyze previous 12-months historical energy usage data to define individual load shape
- Determine beneficial energy products and contract terms meeting the needs of your business while maximizing both short & long term cost-savings opportunities
- Manage simultaneous negotiations with multiple energy suppliers – customers focus on their business’ needs
- Provide unbiased approach in comparison of energy bids and contract structures
- Execute time-sensitive contracts, followed by ongoing account management, industry alerts, and market updates.
History of Energy Deregulation in Delaware
Legislation: 3/99: HB 10, “The Electric Utility Restructuring Act of 1999,” was enacted on March 31, 1999. The law’s provisions include: a phase-in of retail competition beginning on October 1, 1999 for large customers in Conectiv’s service territory and ending on April 1, 2001 when all consumers in Conectiv’s (DP&L) and Delaware Electric Cooperative’s territories; a residential rate cut of 7.5 percent for Conectiv customers and a rate freeze for the coop customers; funding for public benefits programs; and for Conectiv, no provisions for stranded cost recovery (the cooperative has no public benefit funding and stranded cost recovery may be determined by the PSC).
Phase-in of retail access for consumers in Conectiv’s territory is for large industrial consumers on October 1, 1999; other consumers with over 300 kW demand by February 2000; and small consumers by August 2000. Conectiv will be the default supplier during the 4-year transition period.
Delaware Electric Cooperative
Consumers in Delaware Electric Cooperative territory will have a similar schedule with a 6-month delay.
Municipals in Delaware may choose whether or not to allow retail access.